Botanical Name: Cedrus deodora
Plant Part: Wood
Processing Method: Steam Distilled
Aromatic note: Dry woody, camphoraceous and smoky scent.
Cedarwood Essential Oil is known for its calming, sedating effects on mind in aromatherapy. It can help to ease stress, stimulate sleeping for insomnia sufferers and relieve tension. The astringent properties of Cedarwood Essential Oil can reduce inflammation of skin and treats various skin condition such as acne, eczema, rashes, flaking, etc. For wrinkling skin, the oil helps to repair damaged collagen cells, anti-ageing and skin tightening. Other benefits such as nourishing dry scalp, stimulating follicles to grow hair and hair strengthening.
Used medicinally, Cedarwood Essential Oil is reputed to protect the body against harmful bacteria, facilitate wound-healing, address the discomforts of muscle aches, joint pain or stiffness, soothe coughs as well as spasms, support the health of the organs, regulate menstruation, and stimulate circulation.
- Used in aromatherapy, Cedarwood Essential Oil helps to improve brain function, relax the body and enhance concentration
- Cedarwood essential oil has natural sedative properties which can combat insomnia. Its aroma elevates the release of serotonin in the brain which converts to melatonin, therefore promotes restful sleep and a peaceful mind
- Cedarwood oil can also work as a sedative and it has the power to reduce stress and relieve tension. This oil has a calming, soothing effect which provides a calming environment when used in a diffuser at home.
- Protect the body against harmful bacteria, facilitate wound-healing
- Treats acne
- Oily control
- Treats eczema
- Reduces rashes and flaking skin
- Promotes hair growth
- Reduces hair loss
- Treats hair thinning
- Nourishes scalp
- Improves hair strength
- Eases stress
- Relieves tension and anxiety
- Reduces anxiety
- Promotes better sleep and calmness
- Soothes respiratory irritation in asthma sufferers
- Cough reliefs
This oil should not be used by those who are pregnant or under the care of a physician.
Dilute well before use; for external use only.
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Blends well With Grapefruit, Juniper Berry, Cypress, Pine, Rosemary and Ylang Ylang.